Luxembourg, the capital of the little country Luxembourg (yep, the country and its capital are totally sharing the same name!), makes a surprising lovely getaway.
Trips into nature along fields and forests, or discovering ancient castles, art and culture … Luxembourg has is all. Are you planning a trip to Europe? Then this city definitely deserves a place on your bucket list.
Let me share some of my personal tips and favorite vacation pictures with you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! ♥
What to do, eat & where to sleep in Luxembourg?
- We stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson Luxembourg City in the heart of the city. Very friendly staff, clean rooms and a great location near the main train station.
- Fan of ancient stories? Pay a visit to Bock Casemates, a fortified castle on the Bock promontory.
- Or maybe you’re going to Luxembourg to release your inner shopping queen? Can’t blame you! The city center is the perfect place to do some shopping. Everything is easily accessible and the atmosphere is always welcoming. Small shops, designer boutiques or luxury stores … This city has it all!
- Luxembourg has some enchanting landscapes as well. It’s without doubt one of the greenest capitals in Europe. Nature in Luxembourg still has some spots untouched by mankind.
- Time for dinner? This Mexican restaurant serves great food! And … it’s situated in the heart of the city, at Place d’armes.
- You can easily combine Luxembourg with a visit to Belgium or the Netherlands. It’s possible to travel by train (Duration Brussels – Luxembourg City: 3h30), airplane or car.
Have a nice city trip!